Adm.I Section is Primarily Responsible for dealing with all Establishment/ administrative/ personnel/ service matters in respect of officers belonging to:-
- All Group ‘A’ officers posted in this Ministry under Central Staffing Scheme
- Indian Economic Services (IES) / Indian Statistical Services (ISS)
- Central Secretariat Service (CSS)
- Central Secretariat Stenographers Service (CSSS)
- Central Secretariat Clerical Service (CSCS)
- Official Language Service Cadres
- Staff Car Drivers
- Multi Tasking Staff
- Library Staff
- Other ex-cadre posts including personal staff of Minister of Labour & Employment.
- All matters relating to IES/ISS Officers and establishment matters (including framing of Recruitment Rules) in respect of Economic Officers, Investigators (Grade II) and Canteen employees working in the Main Secretariat of the Ministry of Labour & Employment.
- Coordination work of IES and ISS cadre posts in the Ministry of Labour & Employment.
- Maintenance of Service Books and sanctioning of leave of all Non-Gazetted staff including canteen employees working in the Main Secretariat of the Ministry of Labour & Employment.
- All matters pertaining to the Board of Arbitration (JCM) including framing of Recruitment Rules in respect of Chairman, BOA.
- Work relating to compilation of Statistical Statements and other information pertaining to Scheduled Castes/Tribes and Other Backward Classes (OBCs).
- Quarterly report regarding welfare measures for Minorities Recruitment in respect of Group B, C & D.
- Circulation of orders, notifications and other material issued by DOP&T and Ministry of Finance.
- Work relating to compilation of Statistical Statements and other information pertaining to Physically Handicapped employees.
- Matters related to O&M, Record Room.
DoP&T is the cadre controlling authority in respect of the posts of CSS/ CSSS/ CSCS cadres. Being the Cadre unit in respect of these posts, Adm.I Section manages the Staff of Main Secretariat and participating offices viz. DGE&T, CLC(C ), DGFASLI and DGLB in respect of officers/ officials belonging to these cadres.
- Central Secretariat Service (CSS) Consisting of Assistant Section Officers, Section Officers, Under Secretaries, Deputy Secretaries and Directors
- Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service (CSSS) Consisting of Stenos Grade ‘D’, Stenos Grade ‘C’, Private Secretaries, Principal Private Secretaries, Senior Principal Private Secretaries and Principal Staff Officers
- Central Secretariat Clerical Service (CSCS) consisting of Lower Division Clerks and Upper Division Clerks
CSS:-The direct recruitment in CSS is being done in Assistant Section Officers Grade only through All India Competition being conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). Other posts are filled up by promotion.
CSSS:- The Direct recruitment in CSSS is being done in Steno Grade ‘D’ only through All India competition being conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). Other Posts are filled up by promotion.
CSCS:-No direct recruitment is being done in CSCS. As per the Department of Personnel & Training’s instructions the 85% of the total vacancies arise in the LDC Grade is being abolished and only 15% of the vacancies is being filled up through Departmental Competitive Exam for amongst MTS (Multi Tasking Staff). Posts in UD Grade are being filled up by promotion of LDCs as per the provisions of CSCS Rules.
CSS:- The appointing Authority in respect of CSS is President. Assistant Section Officers is Group ‘B’ (Non- Gazetted) post and Section Officer is Group ‘B’ (Gazetted) post. All other posts of CSS are Group ‘A’ (Gazetted).
CSSS:- Steno Grade ‘D’ is Group ‘C’ post, Steno Grade ‘C’ is Group ‘B’ (Non-Gazetted) post and Private Secretary is Group ‘B’ (Gazetted). All other posts of CSSS are Group ‘A’ (Gazetted). The Appointing Authority in respect of Group ‘A’/ ‘B’ posts of CSSS is President and in respect of Group ‘C’ posts of CSSS is the Head of Department.
CSCS:- Since LDC and UDC of CSCS are Group ‘C’ posts, their Appointing Authority is the Head of Department.
Organization & Methods:
- O&M, Record Room