The Government is celebrating 75 years of India’s Independence as Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav (AKAM), an initiative to honour India’s glorious history and unique diversity of language, culture and people. To celebrate the story of India’s growth to a leading economic powerhouse, several initiatives, programmes and events have been planned for the ICONIC week. It is being celebrated by the Ministry between 07th March 2022 to 13th March 2022, to build a movement that activates Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s vision of India 2.0, an Atmanirbhar Bharat. These events are envisioned to build community connect, increase social interaction, and discover India’s rich culture.
- To disseminate information about the important events of the Ministry under AKAM, the Ministry has published a booklet on Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav in the form of a weekly calendar.
- Following is the summary of events that have been planned in the iconic week under AKAM:
- Celebrating e-Shram- Reaching milestone of 25 crore registration of unorganised workers, launch of e-Shram on UMANG app, launch of Donate-a-Pension, launch of e-book and award distribution at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi on 07th March *
- Distribution of Health supplements and Ayush kits to women Brick Kiln workers and women Beedi workers on 07th March 2022. *
- International Women’s Day celebration: “Valuing, Empowering and Making Women workforce feel Special” through a unique week long Social Security Service. (Ensuring 100% processing of Claims of Women on 8th March in the country) at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi on 08th March 2022.*
- Distribution of Shram Awards by Hon’ble Minister of Labour and Employment in Vigyan Bhavan at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi on 08th March 2022. *
- International workshop on ‘New forms of employment with reference to Gig and Platform Working in the BRICS and Global South on 09th March 2022. *
- 230th Meeting of the Central Board of Trustees (CBT) on 11th and 12th March 2022 at Guwahati.
- Conferences, Seminars and Workshops on various topics affecting labour especially unorganised and women labour by VVGNLI in the entire iconic.
- Awareness generation and sensitization of workers & employers about their rights and compliances respectively under various Labour Laws in the entire iconic week by CLC(C) through its 20 regional offices across.
- Job fairs, placement drives and placement-oriented camps will be held in the entire iconic week with special focus on SC/STs and differently abled by DGE at 65 places across India.
- Special programmes will be organised in the entire iconic week by DTNBWED on contribution of women in freedom struggle, unorganised workers, women empowerment, road & fire safety, central trade union etc at 27 places across India.
*Key event of the day