NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR CAREER SERVICE
The National Institute for Career Service (erstwhile Central Institute for Research and Training in Employment Service) was set up in October, 1964 under Directorate General of Employment (DGE), M/o Labour & Employment. It was emanated out of the realization that the efficiency of the Employment Service depended on well trained officers as well as constant research in to the Labour and Employment Market. The Institute was later expanded in 1970 with additional function of publishing career literature and again in 1987 with added responsibility of dealing with the matters for promotion of self-employment.
The Ministry is implementing the Employment Exchange Mission Mode Project which is one of the 31 Mission Projects under National e-Government plan (Ne-GP). One of the objectives of EE-MMP has been to revamp and re-engineer NES into National Career Service (NCS). NCS has been conceptualized as a comprehensive, multi-pronged, transformational project, which aims to provide a variety of employment-related service. The key success factors of NCS initiative revolve around strengthening the existing employment exchange ecosystem with an ICT enabled platform (www.ncs.gov.in).
The NCS portal was launched by Hon'ble Prime Minister Shree Narendra Modi on 20th July 2015 with an aim to connect the opportunities with the aspirations of youth by providing job matching services in a highly transparent and user-friendly manner. These facilities along with career counselling content will be delivered by the portal through multiple channels like career centres, mobile devices, CSCs, etc.
After the launched of NCS project, the institute was rechristened as National Institute for Career Service (NICS) on 20th July 2016.
The NCS Project is also establishing Model Career Centres in collaboration with the States and other institutions to provide standardized employment services across the nation. In the 1st phase, 107 MCCs have been approved (including 7 non-funded MCCs). In order to make these MCCs effectively functional, a ‘Young Professional Scheme’ was launched by DGE, wherein one YP each has been deputed at each MCC to facilitate the integration and institutionalization of new processes.
Under the NCS Project, NICS-NOIDA (erstwhile CIRTES), has been made the nodal institute for capacity building of Employment service personnel for counselling related services, research & training in employment. In addition, progress of MCCs and implementation of YP scheme are being monitored by NICS, Also providing the mandatory training programmes to Officers of Directorate General of Employment (DGE) in the relevant field of duties and responsibilities for the Designations.
Click here for glimpses of activities at NICS
Click here for Upcoming Training / Programmes at NICS
Click here for NICS Training Calendar
Click here for NICS E-Newsletter
To be a National Centre of Excellence to provide enhanced employability through Training,
Research & Capacity Building Programme in the area of Employment under National Employment
- Enhancing human & organisational excellence in Employment/ Career Service by organizing various capacity building programmes.
- Effective implementation of various schemes of National Employment Service/ National Career Service for the benefit of various stake holders.
- Monitoring & evaluation of various schemes of National Career Service project on a sustainable basis.
- Strengthening & improving the quality of Employment services by empowering and enhancing the capacities of the Employment Personnel with regular capacity building trainings.
- Enhanced employability through capacity building of employment/ career service personnel and developing innovative strategies for career counselling, job –matching and placement.
- Implementation of NCS Project and YP Scheme: NICS is also playing major role in implementing the Young Professional Scheme of M/o Labour and Employment and coordinating the activities of Model Career Centers established at various parts of country under NCS project.
- Organizing Training Programmes for Employment Officers working in various States/UTs.
- Capacity Building: As a Nodal institute for capacity building NICS is responsible for imparting training to all stakeholders of NCS project, viz. YPs, job seekers, employers, counsellors etc.
- Functioning of Model Career Centre established at NICS
- Organizing Mega Job Fairs
- Organizing Mandatory Training Programmes for Employment Personnel.
Activities related to National Career Service (NCS) Project
- Co-ordination & evaluation of MCC located across India Collection and Management of database of Job fairs and other activities at MCCs.
- Collection compilation of success stories from MCCs for uploading on NCS portal.
- Implemenation of YP scheme of NCS project
- Conducting NCS Workshops for Employers, Job Seekers etc.
- Coordinating Mega Job Fairs across India.
- Financial management of Call center of NCS at Noida.
- Co-ordination of Installation of solar power plant in DGE buildings.
- Development of website for NICS Noida and portal for nomination of trainees.
Monitoring the progress of MCCs established under the NCS Project
In the 1st phase, 107 MCCs have been approved (including 7 non-funded MCCs). Monitoring of the activities of Model Career Centres established in various States/UTs is also being done by NICS. This includes collection of data and generation of various MIS reports.
For further information about MCCs click here
The Young Professional scheme of NCSP is conceptualized and monitored by NICS Noida, which includes YP Recruitment, Training of YPs, Monitoring the work performance of YPs, Annual appraisals and contract extensions of YPs, disbursement of YPs remuneration, grant of increments etc. YP scheme was launched in 2015 and so far 129 YPs have been recruited out of which 79 are currently in position as per the details below:
|S. No.||YP Batch||No. of YPs joined||No. of YPs currently in position|
For further information about YP Scheme click here
Capacity Building Training Programmes
National Institute for Career Service is the only national level training institute imparting training to the National Employment Personnel. In addition, NICS being nodal institute for Capacity Building, training programmes under the National Career Service Project (NCSP), for various stake holders like Career Counsellors, Employment Officers, Employers, Students/ Job Seekers, Placement Agencies, NGOs working in the field of Employment are being organised on regular basis. List of Training Programmes conducted at NICS NOIDA:
- Capacity Building Training programme for Employment Officers on Career Counselling
- NIELIT Training programme for Employment Officers on National Career Service Portal Management
- Start and Improve Your Business (SIYB) Programme for VRC Officers organized in collaboration with International Labour Organisation
- Induction and Refresher Programme for Young Professionals
- Training Programme on National Career Service Portal Management for MCC Supporting Staff
- Orientation Programme on NCS Portal for Job seekers, college students, NYK Volunteers, NIOS students etc
- Workshop on NCS for Employers
- Training Programme for VRC and CGC officers on NCSP, GEM, DBT and MIS
- E Office Training
- Training on PFMS for Central Board for Workers (Education)
- Induction Training Programmes for Employment Officers.
- Refresher Training Programme for Employment Officers on Employment Market Information.
- Refresher Training Programme for Employment Officers on Vocational Guidance and Self Employment.
- Capacity Building programmes for various stake holders on National Career Service Portal
Year-wise details of CBP conducted at NICS
|S. No.||Year||Training Details|
|1.||2016-17||Please click here for details|
|2.||2017-18||Please click here for details|
|3.||2018-19||Please click here for details|
For information about Capacity Building Training programmes to be conducted at NICS in 2019-20 click here
Functioning of MCC established at NICS
- Registration of candidates on NCS Portal
- Conducting Job-fairs and placement drives regularly for the benefit of both job-seekers and employers.
- Organise career talks in various schools, ITIs, colleges for the benefit of students.
- Organise career counselling sessions.
- Conducting Free Employability training in association with various employers (like Tata Consultancy Services, Classi Stripes Private Limited etc.) for enhancing the employability of Job-seekers.
- Regular workshops, seminars etc. are being organised for the stakeholders of National Employment Service/National Career Service viz. Employers, Government organisations, NGOs, private placement organisations and functionaries of NYK.
For further information about MCC click here
|1||Mrs. M. Lata Gautam||Director I/C NICS||lata[dot]gautam66[at]nic[dot]in|
|2||Mr. R. Aswanikumar||Joint Director Employment||aswani-cirtes[at]gov[dot]in|
|3||Mr. M. S. Ashok Kumar||Joint Director Employment||ashok-cirtes[at]gov[dot]in|
|4||Mrs. Kanta Devi||Asistant Director Employment||devi[dot]kanta[at]gov[dot]in|