Directorate General Factory Advice and Labour Institutes
The office of the Chief Adviser of factories, which is now called Directorate General, Factory Advice Service and Labour Institutes, was setup in 1945 with the objective of advising Central And State Governments on administration of the Factories Act and coordinating the factory inspection services in the States. The Directorate General, Factory Advice and Labour Institutes (DGFASLI) comprises:
- Headquarters situated in Mumbai
- Central Labour Institute in Mumbai
- Regional Labour Institutes in Chennai, Kanpur, Kolkata and Faridabad.
- Inspectorates of Dock Safety in Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Mormugao, Mangalore, Kochi, Thoothukudi, Paradip, Kandla, JNPT(Navi Mumbai), Visakhapatnam.
- Regional Labour Institute at Shillong is under construction
The DGFASLI is an attached office of the Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India and serves as a technical arm to assist the Ministry in formulating national policies on occupational safety and health in factories and docks. It also advises factories on various problems concerning safety, health, efficiency and well - being of the persons at workplaces.
|1||Construction Safety Manual||Download(137 MB)|
|2||Construction Safety for Workers||Download(24 MB)|
For More information, Please visit the Website https://dgfasli.gov.in/