Legislative and Governance Reforms
- The Government has introduced “Self-Certification System” while dispensing with the necessity of enquiry and verification under the following Labour Laws:-
- The Payment of Wages Act, 1936 [Vide Notification No-193-Emp/EMp/1M-19/14 dated 18.06.2015]
- The Minimum Wages Act, 1948[vide Notification No-195-Emp/EMP/1M-19/14 dated 18.06.2015]
- Shops and Establishment Act, 1963[vide Notification No-194/Emp/EMP/1M-19/14 dated 18.06.2015]
- Contact Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970[vide Notification No-192-Emp/EMP/1M-19/14 dated 18.06.2015]
- The Government has prescribed “Comprehensive lists of all documents that need to be provided for the registration/ renewal process for the 8 Acts” administered by the Labour Commissionerate.
- The Government has prescribed “General Procedures and Checklist for Inspection under various Labour Laws administered by Labour Commissionerate”[Note for the same].
- The Government has made online payment provisions under GRIPS-Portal for dispensing with a physical touch point for payment of fees under various Labour Laws.[Note for the same]
- The Government has introduced “Synchronized/Joint Inspection” by mergingthe Shops and Establishments Directorate with Labour Directorate, vide Notification No-626-IR/3C-04/2015 dated 28.06.2016, and thus, empowered two sets of inspectors to inspect various Labour Acts [16 Acts] simultaneously, to achieve the objective of simplifying business regulations and bring in transparency and accountability in labour inspections.
- The Government has been mandated, vide Notification No-470-IR/3C-04/2015 dated 23.05.2016, submission of inspection reports within 48 hours after completion of inspection. A copy of this inspection report is required to be furnished to the occupier/owner/proprietor of the shops/ establishments/factories.
- The Government has formulatedPolicy on Risk profiling, Inspection norms & Self Certification for Shops/Establishments/Units/Owners under various Labour Laws, 2016 [18 Acts] , vide Order No- No: 1716-IR/3C-04/1S(Pt-ll) Dated: 28th June, 2016 with the following objectives:-
- To assist and ease the investments and new start-ups in the State.
- To instill a sense of confidence upon the business operator or investor to submit all statutory information and otherwise as per norms in the authentic and right manner.
- To avoid undue hassles to a business through negating multiple or excessive visits of Inspecting Authorities without compromising on the safety, health, social security and welfare of the workers.
- The Government has notified time-lines for service delivery under the 7 LabourActs under the West Bengal Right to Public Services Act, vide Notification No.-1688-GE/G/3A-20/2014 Kolkata, dated the 11th June, 2015.
- The Government has formulated SAMAJIK SURAKSHA YOJANA, 2017, vide Notification No. Labr. 1260 I(LC-LW)/LW 15M-1121 16 Dated Kolkata, the 4thApril 2017, for unorganized including transportant and constructions workers.