ITEMS OF WORK
- The Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 and the Industrial Disputes (Central) Rules, 1957.
- The Trade Unions Act, 1926
- The Plantations Labour Act, 1951
- The Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946 AND Rules.
- The Weekly Holidays Act, 1942
- The Shops & Establishment Act
- The National & Festival Holiday Act
- State Legislations on Industrial Relations.
- Policy regarding Works Committees and functioning of Works Committees in the Central Sphere.
- General issues connected with taking action under the E.S.M. Act, 1981 and the Defence and Internal Security of India Rules.
- Grievance redressal of employees of hospitals and educational institutions etc. falling under Central sphere.
- Job security for supervisory and middle management personnel.
- The Participation of Workers in Management Bill, 1990 and implementation of Scheme on Employees Participation in Management.
- Matters relating to Declaration of various Industries as Public Utility Services after every six month under the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947.
- Industrial Tripartite Committee on Plantation Industry.
- Industrial Tripartite Committee on Road Transport Industry.
- Industrial Tripartite Committee on Sales Promotion Employees.
CHANNEL OF REPORTING
Section Name: Industrial Relations (Policy Legal)
Room No.: 309(A)
Telephone No.: 23473313
Auto: 2313, 1320
Officers in Channel:
Assistant: Smt. Suchismita Ghosh, Shri P. Mannan
Economic Officer: Smt. Pushp Lata Sharma
Under Secretary: Shri Arunjay Kumar
Deputy Director: Shri S.C. Sharma
Director (IR): Shri Babu Cherian
Joint Secretary: Shri A.C. Pandey
Secretary - Smt. Gauri Kumar
Minister of Labour & Employment - Shri Narender Singh Tomar
Minister of State (L&E)- Shri Vishnudeo Sai