Legislative and Governance Reforms
- The State Government has issued a Notification issued vide GLR (RC) 100/2012/238, dated 18 October, 2016 permitting women workers in the night shift with adequate safety provision.
- The Government has made provision for Payment of Wage only through Bank Account to the Workers by their employers vide Notification NO.GLR(R)C)4/2014/51 dated. 06-03-2017 and Notification NO. GLR(RC)4/2014/52, dated. 06-03-2017.
- The Government has formulated Online Inspection Scheme, vide Circular No-L.E52/2015/11360 dated 18.10.2016, to simplify business regulations, bring in transparency and accountability in labour inspections, stop multiple inspections in a year on the same business enterprise, ease the compliance of labour laws and safeguard the interests of workers.
- The Government has formulated “Self-Certification Scheme-Cum-Consolidated Annual Return Scheme” under various Labour Laws (18 Acts), vide Circular No-LE.52/2015/11368 dated 18.10.2016, to streamline compliance by industrial establishments while ensuring a more effective system of compliance, increasing transparency and accountability so as to enable the entrepreneurs o focus on the core issue of business
- The Government has eased the mechanism for filling of complaints and grievances by the citizens to ensure speedy disposal, transparency, accountability in the Public Grievance Redressal under various Labour Laws, vide Circular No-LE.52/2015/11384 dated 18.10.2016
- The Government has formulated the Third Party Audit Scheme, vide Circular No-LE.52/2015 dated 01.11.2016, to promote the compliance of the labour laws, at the same time, intends to ease the regulatory business environment in the State, by bringing in more transparency and responsibility.