Legislative Reforms and Governance Reforms
- The Government has permitted employment of women workers in factories in 3 shifts including night shifts subject to certain conditions; vide its Notification dated 01st May, 2017.
- The Government has prescribed time-limits for grant and renewal of license, registration and approval of others under various Labour Laws, vide its Notifications dated 27.02.2016, 27.06.2016 and 29.06.2016.
- The Government has formulated “Online Labour Inspection Policy” to ensure transparency in the entire inspection process, vide its Office order.
- The Government has introduced “Self-Certification Scheme” under various Labour Laws, vide its Notification dated 12th May, 2017 , to liberalize the enforcement of Labour Laws under the concept of Self-Regulatory Mechanism without compromising the safety, health, social security and welfare of the workers. It also gives some exemption to ‘New Start-Ups’.
- The Government has formulated Skill Development Allowance Scheme, 2013 to ensure skill upgradation of educated unemployed