- Government of Karnataka has issued Notification dated 16.09.2016 on The Karnataka State Self-Certification-cum-consolidated Periodic Returns Scheme-2016. Under this scheme 19 Labour Acts are covered.
- Government of Karnataka has issued draft Notification dated 05.10.2016 on The Karnataka State Third Party Certification of Compliances under Labour Laws Scheme-2016.
- Government of Karnataka has issued draft Notification dated 05.10.2016 on Classification of industries to streamline and simplify the inspection system.
- E-Karmika – Online services are being provided for registration, renewal, amendment, filing of returns under the Karnataka Shops and Commercial Establishment Act 1961.
- Online service is being provided for registration, renewal, amendment, filing of returns under the Contract Labour (R&A) Act 1970 and registration of beneficiaries under Building & other Construction Workers (RECS) Act 1996.
- For streamlining the inspection system, the Karmika Sahayoga Web-portal is developed.
- Government has notified and made provision under Notification No. 267 dated 19.12.2016 in the Contract Labour (R&A) Karnataka Rules, 1974 for employment of female contract labourers in night shifts.
- Government has exempted IT/ITES/Start-ups/Animation/Gaming/Computer Graphics/Telecom/BPO/KPO/other knowledge based industries from the applicability of Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act 1946 for a period of five years vide Notification No. LD53 LET 2017 dated 25.01.2014.
- By amending Schedule-I of the Karnataka Industrial Establishment (Standing Orders) Rules 1961 vide Notification No. LD 72 LET 2013, Bengaluru dated 27.03.2017, the age of retirement for workmen in all industrial establishments through the State, has been enhanced from 58 years to 60 years.