Legislative and Governance Reforms
- The Government has formulated “Self-Certification Scheme-Cum-Consolidated Annual Return Scheme” for all the shops/ Establishment/Factoriesunder various Labour Laws (16 Acts), videGovernment resolution No. MISC- 2015/CR- 76/Desk Lab-9 Mantralaya, Mumbai - 400 032. Dated 23rd June, 2015., with the following objectives:-
- To increase transparency in the system of inspections so as to enable the employees as well as employers to focus on the core issues of their businesses
- A new system for enforcement of various labour laws with simplification in maintenance of various records and registers required under different labour laws.
- To reduce visits of the Government officers / inspectors for inspection of Shops/ Establishment / Factorieswithout compromising on safety, health, welfare and social security of workers /employees
- Allow all the shops/ Establishment/Factories to submit consolidated annual returns in lieu of multiple returns under various labour laws
- The Government has fixed time limit of 7 working days for issuing registration and renewal certificate under the Maharashtra Shops and Establishments Act, 1948 by amending the Maharashtra Shops and Establishments Rules, vide Notification No-MSA-11/2014/C.R.271/Lab.-10.- dated 18/05/2015. Failing which, the provision of deemed registration or renewal.
- The Government has fixed time limit of 7 working days for issuing license under the Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970 by amending the Maharashtra Contract Labour Rules, 2015, vide Notification No-CLA-10/2014/C.R.264/Lab.-10.- dated 01/06/2016. Failing which, the provision of deemed registration or renewal.