Legislative and Governance Reforms
- The Government has permitted employment of Women for night shifts, vide its Order dated 03.04.2017, subject to certain safeguard measures.
- The Government has fixed the time-limit for grant of registration certificate within 30 days and reduced the limit for issue of license from 60 days to 30 days under Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970, vide its order dated 02.11.2016.
- The Government has fixed the time-limit of 45 days for registration of Trade Union under the Trade Unions Act, 1926 , vide its Order dated 02.05.2017.
- Amendment in the Motor Transport Workers Act.
- Provision of compounding of offences
- Applicable to every motor transport undertaking employing motor transport worker.
- The Government has introduced a compliance regime for “Start-Ups” based on self-certification and regulating the inspections under various Labour Laws, vide its D.O letter dated 03.05.2017.